Despite the average parents’ hopeful trust that all will go well during the birth of their child, newborns can sustain serious childbirth injuries due to the medical malpractice or negligence of labor and delivery doctors and other professionals. The types of child delivery errors seen by our Philadelphia Childbirth Malpractice Lawyers can cause life-long complications or even death to a child.
If your child died in childbirth or was injured during birth because of medical negligence, you may have a legal claim for medical malpractice against the obstetricians, other doctors, nurses, hospital staff, and even the hospital itself for the injuries caused to your child.
The Philadelphia Childbirth Malpractice Attorneys at Feldman & Pinto have fought for the rights of children who were injured in this way for over 20 years. If your child was negligently harmed during childbirth, we have the experience and knowledge to help you.
Childbirth Injury / Malpractice: Medical Mistakes during Delivery of your Baby
Negligent medical care during labor and delivery can cause Cerebral Palsy (CP) and other severe brain injuries, bone fractures, Brachial Plexus Palsies, and many other serious problems.
Here are some common examples of substandard medical care seen by our Philadelphia Childbirth Malpractice Attorneys that cause childbirth injuries or death:
- Failure to order C-section delivery when fetus is not receiving enough oxygen or when fetus is too large to safely pass through birth canal
- Failure to adequately monitor vital signs of mother and fetus, and failure to appropriately respond to signs of oxygen deprivation and other complications or distress in mother or fetus
- Failure to recognize and respond to nuchal cord (winding or coiling of umbilical cord around fetus’s neck) or umbilical cord prolapse (presentation of umbilical cord in vaginal delivery before baby’s head)
- Failure to recognize and respond to breech presentation
- Failure to recognize and respond to placental abruption or other placental problems
- Pulling on or twisting baby’s neck or negligently using vacuum extraction devices or forceps to accomplish difficult vaginal delivery
- Errors in prescription or administration of medications
- Negligent institution and enforcement of delivery room protocols
Philadelphia Childbirth Malpractice Lawyers
If your child suffered a fatal or nonfatal childbirth injury because of inadequate and negligent medical care during your labor and delivery, you may have a claim for Medical Negligence against any one or all of the doctors and other medical staff involved in your child’s birth. Contact our Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers today for a free consultation about the possibility of bringing a lawsuit against the responsible parties.