Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, may be entitled to recover damages from prescription opioid manufacturers and marketers in Montgomery County, PA opioid litigation. Montgomery County has sustained significant costs from the opioid crisis. According to U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) data, Montgomery County (total population 799,874) experienced a 51% increase in overdose deaths from 2015 to 2016. Most of these overdoses involved the opioid heroin. The next highest drug involvement was of the opioid fentanyl. See DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016, (U) Appendix Figure 51.
DEA figures reveal that more than 28 out of every 100,000 Montgomery County residents died from a drug overdose in 2016. Montgomery County reported 619 overdose deaths between 2014 and 2017. The majority of these overdose deaths involved opioids fentanyl and heroin.
Cause and Recovery of Montgomery County
Our nation’s opioid crisis resulted from prescription opioid producers’ false and aggressive marketing of prescription opioid medications and their consequent widespread availability. Montgomery County has experienced a significant increase in opioid addiction and abuse as a result of the crisis, resulting in high costs and losses that may be recoverable from opioid prescription producers and marketers.
An MDL (Multidistrict Litigation) was formed on December 5, 2017, to streamline the pre-trial and discovery phases of federal opioid litigation. Federal opioid cases instituted by governmental entities such as Montgomery County will be filed in the MDL court in the Northern District of Ohio for this phase of the litigation.
[See Pennsylvania Opioid Government Litigation Lawyers for additional details about the economic burdens of the opioid epidemic, causes of action, and recoverable damages.]
Montgomery County, PA Opioid Resources
- Montgomery County Overdose Prevention
- Montgomery County Prescription Drug Disposal Program
- Montgomery County Opioid Epidemic Grand Jury Report
- Montgomery County Office of Drug & Alcohol
Pennsylvania Opioid Information & Resources
- Drug Presence in Pennsylvania, 1999-2016
- Cocaine / Fentanyl Combination in Pennsylvania
- Overdose Free PA
- DEA: Pennsylvania Drug Overdose Deaths Jump 37% in 2016
- Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Stop Opiate Abuse Campaign
- Pennsylvania: Treating and Preventing Opioid Addiction
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs: Opioid / Heroin Reversal (Naloxone)
- DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016
Other Opioid Information
- CDC Foundation’s New Business Pulse Focuses on Opioid Overdose Epidemic
- Federal Opioid Litigation Multidistrict Litigation (MDL)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioids
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Opioid Medications
Inquire About Montgomery County, PA Opioid Litigation
Feldman & Pinto, P.C., is a Philadelphia based personal injury firm concentrating their practice in pharmaceutical litigation and medical malpractice. We are part of a team of lawyers engaged in a fight to compensate local governmental entities for costs incurred as a result of the opioid epidemic.
Please contact us to inquire about the possibility of commencing Montgomery County, PA opioid litigation.