Bucks County, Pennsylvania, may be entitled to recover damages from prescription opioid producers and marketers in Bucks County, PA opioid litigation. Bucks County has suffered significant costs due to the ever-expanding nationwide opioid crisis. According to U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) data, Bucks County (total population 625,249) experienced a 43% increase in overdose deaths from 2015 to 2016. Most of these overdoses were from opioids heroin and fentanyl. See DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016, (U) Appendix Figure 18.
The Buck’s County Coroner reported that fentanyl was the opioid most often involved in County drug overdoses in 2016. The opioid was detected in 90 out of 158, or 53% of the overdose deaths.
Cause and Recovery of Bucks County
Marketers of prescription opioids have aggressively and illegally misrepresented the addictive dangers of prescription opioids. These practices have resulted in a national epidemic of opioid addiction and abuse. Deceptive advertising and excessive sales of prescription opioids created a crisis of opioid addiction and abuse in Bucks County, resulting in excessive County costs.
Counties and municipalities across the country are seeking damages for excessive costs related to the opioid epidemic through legal action against prescription opioid producers and marketers. An MDL (Multidistrict Litigation) was formed on December 5, 2017, to simplify the pre-trial and discovery phases of federal opioid lawsuits. Federal opioid cases commenced by governmental entities such as Bucks County will be filed in the MDL court in the Northern District of Ohio.
[See Pennsylvania Opioid Government Litigation Lawyers for additional details about the economic burdens of the opioid epidemic, causes of action, and recoverable damages.]
Bucks County, PA Opioid Information & Resources
- NEWS: Fentanyl Most Frequent Opioid Found in 2016 Bucks County Drug Deaths
- Bucks County Overdose Prevention and Education
- Bucks County Overdose Prevention Program
- Brian Fitzpatrick: Combating the Opioid Epidemic
Pennsylvania Opioid Information & Resources
- Drug Presence in Pennsylvania, 1999-2016
- Cocaine / Fentanyl Combination in Pennsylvania
- Overdose Free PA
- DEA: Pennsylvania Drug Overdose Deaths Jump 37% in 2016
- Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Stop Opiate Abuse Campaign
- Pennsylvania: Treating and Preventing Opioid Addiction
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs: Opioid / Heroin Reversal (Naloxone)
- DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016
Other Opioid Information
- CDC Foundation’s New Business Pulse Focuses on Opioid Overdose Epidemic
- Federal Opioid Litigation Multidistrict Litigation (MDL)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioids
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Opioid Medications
Inquire About Bucks County, PA Opioid Litigation
Feldman & Pinto, P.C., is a Philadelphia based personal injury firm concentrating their practice in pharmaceutical litigation and medical malpractice. We are part of a team of lawyers engaged in a fight to compensate local governmental entities for costs incurred as a result of the opioid epidemic.
Please contact us to inquire about the possibility of commencing Bucks County, PA opioid litigation.