Adams County, Pennsylvania, may be entitled to recover damages from prescription opioid manufacturers and marketers in Adams County, PA opioid litigation. Adams County has suffered significant adverse effects from the opioid epidemic.
According to U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) data, Adams County, with a total population of 101,407, experienced a 300 percent increase in overdose deaths from 2015 to 2016. The majority of these overdoses were from heroin and fentanyl. See DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016, (U) Appendix Figure 10.
Adams County reported 54 overdose deaths between 2015 and 2017. Most of these deaths involved opioids fentanyl and heroin.
Cause and Recovery of Adams County
Producers and marketers of prescription opioid medications have engaged in practices resulting in rampant opioid abuse and addiction in Adams County and other counties and municipalities throughout the country.
Deceptive marketing and aggressive sales of prescription opioids to prescribers and consumers have led to a proliferation of opioid prescriptions and an alarming increase in dependency on all forms of opioids. These practices have burdened governmental entities, including Adams County, PA, with excessive costs, including those of fighting the effects of opioid addiction within their borders.
Cities, counties, and other local governments have filed legal actions against prescription opioid manufacturers and marketers, seeking damages for costs associated with the opioid crisis. To streamline the discovery and pre-trial phases of federal opioid cases, an MDL (Multidistrict Litigation) was formed on December 5, 2017.
All federal cases brought by governmental entities such as Adams County will be filed in the MDL court in the Northern District of Ohio.
[See Pennsylvania Opioid Government Litigation Lawyers for additional details about the economic burdens of the opioid epidemic, causes of action, and recoverable damages.]
Adams County, PA Opioid Information & Resources
Pennsylvania Opioid Information & Resources
- Drug Presence in Pennsylvania, 1999-2016
- Cocaine / Fentanyl Combination in Pennsylvania
- Overdose Free PA
- DEA: Pennsylvania Drug Overdose Deaths Jump 37% in 2016
- Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Stop Opiate Abuse Campaign
- Pennsylvania: Treating and Preventing Opioid Addiction
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs: Opioid / Heroin Reversal (Naloxone)
- DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016
Other Opioid Information
- CDC Foundation’s New Business Pulse Focuses on Opioid Overdose Epidemic
- Federal Opioid Litigation Multidistrict Litigation (MDL)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioids
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Opioid Medications
Inquire About Adams County, PA Opioid Litigation
Feldman & Pinto, P.C., is a Philadelphia based personal injury firm concentrating their practice in pharmaceutical litigation and medical malpractice. We are part of a team of lawyers engaged in a fight to compensate local governmental entities for costs incurred as a result of the opioid epidemic.
Please contact us to inquire about the possibility of commencing Adams County, PA opioid litigation.