Cambria County, Pennsylvania, may be entitled to recover damages from prescription opioid producers and marketers in Cambria County, PA opioid litigation. Cambria County has incurred excessive costs from opioid epidemic effects. According to U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) data, Cambria County (total population 143,679) experienced a 62% increase in overdose deaths from 2015 to 2016. Most of these overdoses were from opioids heroin and fentanyl. See DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016, (U) Appendix Figure 20.
Cambria County is reported to rank fifth in the State for drug overdose hospitalizations. Forty-five inpatient hospitals stays in 2016 were for treatment of heroin or other pain medication overdoses.
Cause and Recovery of Cambria County
Prescription opioid makers and marketers have egregiously and intentionally misrepresented the serious risks of addiction from prescription opioids. Prescription opioid producers’ illegal marketing tactics have caused a national crisis of opioid addiction that has resulted in excessive costs to Cambria County in its attempt to fight the opioid epidemic’s effects.
Counties across the Commonwealth are instituting legal actions against prescription opioid makers and advertisers, requesting damages for losses incurred as a result of the opioid crisis. An MDL (Multidistrict Litigation) was formed on December 5, 2017, to simplify the discovery and pre-trial phases of federal opioid litigation. Federal opioid cases brought by governmental entities such as Cambria County will be filed in the MDL court in the Northern District of Ohio for this phase of the litigation.
[See Pennsylvania Opioid Government Litigation Lawyers for additional details about the economic burdens of the opioid epidemic, causes of action, and recoverable damages.]
Cambria County, PA Opioid Information & Resources
- Cambria County Drug and Alcohol Program
- NEWS: Nearly 20 Overdoses in Cambria County in 2 Days
- NEWS: Cambria County Coroner Sounds Alarm as OD Deaths Accelerate
Pennsylvania Opioid Information & Resources
- Drug Presence in Pennsylvania, 1999-2016
- Cocaine / Fentanyl Combination in Pennsylvania
- Overdose Free PA
- DEA: Pennsylvania Drug Overdose Deaths Jump 37% in 2016
- Commonwealth Prevention Alliance Stop Opiate Abuse Campaign
- Pennsylvania: Treating and Preventing Opioid Addiction
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs: Opioid / Heroin Reversal (Naloxone)
- DEA Analysis of Overdose Deaths in Pennsylvania, 2016
Other Opioid Information
- CDC Foundation’s New Business Pulse Focuses on Opioid Overdose Epidemic
- Federal Opioid Litigation Multidistrict Litigation (MDL)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) National Institute on Drug Abuse: Opioids
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA): Opioid Medications
Inquire About Cambria County, PA Opioid Litigation
Feldman & Pinto, P.C., is a Philadelphia based personal injury firm concentrating their practice in pharmaceutical litigation and medical malpractice. We are part of a team of lawyers engaged in a fight to compensate local governmental entities for costs incurred as a result of the opioid epidemic.
Please contact us to inquire about the possibility of commencing Cambria County, PA opioid litigation.