The Philadelphia drug injury lawyers at Feldman & Pinto are evaluating Levaquin drug injury cases from people harmed by Levaquin side effects.
Levaquin is an antibiotic medicine manufactured by Ortho-McNeil-Janssen Pharmaceuticals (a Johnson & Johnson Company) that is part of the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics.
Levaquin use is linked to serious injuries, including:
- aortic aneurysm (irreversible and dangerous bulge in aorta)
- aortic dissection (irreversible and dangerous tear in aorta)
- abdominal dissection (tear in the abdominal aorta)
- peripheral neuropathy (damage to nerves and peripheral nervous systems)
- tendon ruptures and other serious injuries to tendons, muscles, joints, nerves, and central nervous systems
These Levaquin side effects can cause a patient’s:
- heart attack
- severe pain
- other permanent and disabling injuries, and
In November 2015, JAMA Internal Medicine published a study that showed that Levaquin and similar drugs double the risk of aortic aneurisms and abdominal dissections in patients who used the drug for as little as 60 days.
In April 2016, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) advised doctors to cease prescriptions of drugs for infections that doctors can treat without this dangerous drug. The agency issued this advice in response to the reported increase in risk of serious tendon, joint, nerve, and central nervous system damage caused by these drugs.
Levaquin drug injury lawsuits filed against the drug’s maker allege that the company:
- knew that Levaquin use increased the risk of these serious injuries, and
- failed to provide adequate warnings of the increased risks to doctors and consumers
Levaquin drug injury lawsuits seek damages for Levaquin users’ injuries caused by Levaquin.
Our Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorneys also commence actions against doctors who fail to track their patients for signs of serious Levaquin side effects. Doctors who negligently prescribe Levaquin for conditions that can be treated with less risky drugs can also be liable for patients’ Levaquin injuries.
Contact a Philadelphia Levaquin Drug Injury Lawyer
You may be entitled to money damages if you suffered personal injuries after using Levaquin. Please contact Feldman & Pinto to learn more about filing a Levaquin drug injury lawsuit. Our personal injury lawyers can help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve.