The Philadelphia drug injury lawyers at Feldman & Pinto are evaluating Avelox drug injury cases from people who have sustained serious injuries from Avelox side effects.
Avelox is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic drug made by Bayer Health Care often prescribed to treat serious as well as relatively mild bacterial infections.
Avelox use has been linked to serious and often life-threatening injuries, including:
- dangerous and irreversible aortic bulges (aortic aneurysms)
- dangerous and irreversible aortic tears (aortic dissections)
- tears in the abdominal aorta (abdominal dissection)
- damages to peripheral nervous systems and nerves (peripheral neuropathy)
- ruptures and other serious injuries to tendons, joints, central nervous systems, muscles, and nerves
In turn, these injuries can lead to:
- heart attacks
- disabling pain, and
A November 2015 article in JAMA Internal Medicine reported that these drugs cause a two-fold increase in patients’ risk of abdominal dissections and aortic aneurisms after two months of use. In April 2016, the FDA urged physicians to stop prescribing these drugs for infections that doctor’s can treat more safely with other drugs. The FDA made this suggestion in response to the increased risk of injuries caused by these medicines, including damage to:
- nervous systems
- muscles, and
Avelox drug injury lawsuits filed against Bayer allege that the company:
- knew that Avelox increased the risk of these serious injuries in people who used the drug, and
- failed to give adequate warnings of these dangers to doctors and consumers
Avelox drug injury lawsuits seek damages from Bayer Health Care for consumers’ injuries caused by Avelox.
Feldman & Pinto’s Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers also bring actions against doctors who are responsible for patients’ Avelox injuries. A doctor who does not use reasonable care to track a patient’s reactions to Avelox can be liable for the patient’s Avelox side effect injuries.
Contact a Philadelphia Avelox Drug Injury Lawyer
You may be entitled to money damages if you suffered personal injuries after using Avelox. Please contact us to learn more about filing an Avelox drug injury lawsuit. Our personal injury lawyers can help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve.