Feldman & Pinto’s Philadelphia Talc Mesothelioma Lawyers are evaluating injury cases involving mesothelioma (meso) developed as a result of exposure to talcum powder / talc. Mesothelioma is a deadly cancer caused by inhalation of asbestos. Cases brought against talc manufacturers and distributors allege that asbestos fibers found in talc products led or contributed to mesothelioma / meso developed by plaintiffs exposed to talc.
Plaintiffs who may have developed mesothelioma from talcum powder may include:
- men and women who were dusted with talc in barber shops or hair salons
- barbers and hairdressers who use talc on clients
- women who used talcum powder for personal hygiene
- parents who used talc / baby powder on infants
- infants on whom talcum powder / baby powder was used
- children and others who have used art supplies tainted by asbestos
- miners of talcum powder
- millers of talc
- family members of talc miners and millers
- anyone who used talc for another purpose, and
- anyone who was exposed to the product in a work setting or other environment
Cancer (Mesothelioma) Caused by Asbestos-tainted Talc
Mesothelioma is a cancer that develops in a patient’s mesothelia—membranes that surround lungs, abdominal organs, and heart. While symptoms of meso generally do not appear until decades after exposure to asbestos, the disease can result in death within one year of diagnosis. Thus, plaintiffs represented by Philadelphia Talc Mesothelioma Lawyers may have developed meso from talc exposure that occurred as long ago as the 1950s.
Link between Talcum Powder and Meso
A study published in the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health (2014) found that inhalation of asbestos fibers in asbestos-tainted talcum powder “likely caused or contributed to” mesothelioma in people who used the product. The American Cancer Society has also stated that talcum powder / talc tainted with asbestos can cause mesothelioma.
Talc products that may have caused mesothelioma in clients represented by Philadelphia Talc Mesothelioma Lawyers may include:
- Cashmere Bouquet Body Talc
- Coty Airspun Face Powder
- Desert Flower Dusting Powder
- English Leather After Shave Talc
- Johnson’s Baby Powder
- Mennen Shave Talc
- Old Spice Talcum Powder
- Yardley Invisible Talc, and
- many other talc-based products
Additional Cancer Risks from Talcum Powder Use
Talcum powder can also cause ovarian cancer in women who used talc on or near their genitals or anywhere else on their bodies. For more information on talc-related ovarian cancer, see Philadelphia Talcum Powder Injury Lawyers and New Study Links Talcum Powder with Ovarian Cancer in African American Women.
Contact our Philadelphia Talc Mesothelioma Lawyers
You may be entitled to money damages if you used or were exposed to talcum powder / talc and have been diagnosed with mesothelioma. Please contact our Philadelphia Talc Mesothelioma Lawyers to learn more about filing a talcum powder asbestos mesothelioma lawsuit.