The Philadelphia drug injury lawyers at Feldman & Pinto are evaluating Essure injury cases from women who suffered personal injuries due to complications / side effects of Essure.
Essure is a permanent birth control device developed by Conceptus, Inc. (a Bayer owned company).
Doctors insert the Essure device (which consists of two metal coils) into a woman’s fallopian tubes through her vagina and cervix. Over a few months, scar tissue grows around the device. This extra tissue blocks sperm from reaching the eggs released by the woman’s ovaries.
Essure birth control devices have been linked to serious personal injuries from:
- migration of parts or all of the device to other parts of the body
- punctures or tears in a woman’s colon, fallopian tubes, and / or uterus
- severe and continuing pelvic pain
- autoimmune diseases
These complications may require:
- one or more surgeries to remove broken coils
- surgeries to repair damage caused by Essure
- in some cases, a hysterectomy
Essure injury lawsuits brought against Bayer allege that the company:
- created a dangerous and defective medical device
- knew or should have known of the increased risk of these injuries from use of Essure
- failed to provide adequate warnings of these serious risks to doctors and consumers
- withheld evidence of these risks from the FDA in order to gain pre-market approval of the device, and
- improperly promoted and advertised Essure
Essure injury lawsuits filed against Bayer seek damages for these and other personal injuries caused by these medical devices.
Feldman & Pinto Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers also bring claims against doctors who cause or contribute to their patients’ Essure injuries. A physician can be liable for a female patient’s Essure injuries caused by the doctor’s:
- negligent prescription of Essure
- negligent insertion of the device, and / or
- negligent failure to monitor the woman for complications of Essure
Contact a Philadelphia Essure Injury Lawyer
You may be entitled to money damages if you sustained personal injuries from use of Essure. Please contact us to learn more about filing an Essure injury lawsuit. Our personal injury lawyers can help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve.