The Philadelphia drug injury lawyers at Feldman & Pinto are evaluating Dexilant drug injury cases from people who have suffered injuries from adverse side effects of Dexilant.
Dexilant is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) medicine. Takeda Pharmaceuticals makes Dexilant to treat:
- stomach problems
- GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disease)
Dexilant use is linked to serious injuries, including:
- kidney (renal) injury and kidney failure
- kidney inflammation and other kidney damage
- chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- memory loss
- heart attack and other heart damage
- increased risk of hip fractures in the elderly
- other bone fractures (breaks)
- low levels of magnesium (causing an increased risk of neurological, cardiac, and muscular problems)
An April 2015 study stated that Dexilant users are more than two times as likely as people who do not use Dexilant to incur acute kidney injuries. A 2016 study showed that Dexilant users have a 44 percent greater risk of dementia. The same study showed that users of Dexilant and other PPIs also have a 20 to 50 percent increased risk of developing chronic kidney disease.
Most recently, Dexilant was linked to an increased risk of users’ loss of brain function. This brain function loss, called hepatic encephalopathy (HE), can result from excessive gut bacteria caused by Dexilant and other PPIs.
Dexilant drug injury lawsuits filed against the manufacturer allege that the company:
- knew that Dexilant raised the risk of kidney damage and other serious injuries in people who took the drug, and
- failed to give adequate warnings of these side effects to doctors and consumers
Dexilant drug injury lawsuits filed against Takeda Pharmaceuticals seek money damages for injuries caused to consumers by Dexilant.
Our Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyers also file actions against medical providers who negligently cause users’ Dexilant injuries. A doctor who neglects to keep watch on a patient’s tolerance of medications such as Dexilant can be liable for the patient’s Dexilant side effect injuries.
Contact a Philadelphia Dexilant Drug Injury Lawyer
You may be entitled to money damages if you sustained personal injuries after using Dexilant. Please contact Feldman & Pinto to learn more about filing a Dexilant drug injury lawsuit. Our personal injury lawyers can help you obtain the compensation and justice you deserve.